The Liebster Award is an award given from one new blogger to another. It is presented to new bloggers who have been around for less than two years and have less than 1,000 followers. How it works is, a blogger who has been nominated receives the opportunity to be recognized by other bloggers and can also nominate bloggers of their own choice. It’s a fun way to support each other in the online blogging realm and be given the chance to be recognized by other bloggers and readers.
I was lucky enough to be nominated by Maddy at everythingeccles.net - THANK YOU MADDY!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I've been an avid blog reader for years and years, and always thought, "I'd like to do that one day." But I never thought that anyone would actually read it! Since moving across the country (you can read more about it here), I have really struggled with this "adulthood" thing. I knew I couldn't be the only "emerging adult" feeling lost and useless, so (with a lot of encouragement from my SO), I took the plunge.
2. If you could give advice to a person wanting to start a blog, what would you tell them?
If you're gonna do it, then DO IT - no half-assing it. Be ready to dive head first into a million new communities and learning opportunities.
3. What is your favorite social media platform to promote your blog on?
Instagram is definitely my favorite, but I actually use it less than Twitter. Although you can attach images to Twitter and Facebook, I prefer the Insta interface, and I love that I don't have a word limit! And Facebook has too much going on to distract users. Instagram basically forces your audience to interact with your content.
4. If you could have any super power for a day what would it be?
Teleporting, for sure. I'm too lazy for this walking/driving thing. Plus, then I could see the world without taking vacation time. LAWLZ.
5. How do you destress after a rough day?
Sleep =D and Ice-Cream.
6. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I would say morning; but realistically, I am a sleep person. Morning, day, or night - sleep is always preferred.
7. What is a goal you want to accomplish this year for your blog?
That's a tough one. I wish I could quantify it with numbers of pageviews, or amount of income, but overall, I just want to help someone else get through a difficult time. I hope that one person feels heard, understood, etc for even a moment after interacting with my content.
8. If you could interview anybody in the world for your blog, who would it be?
Three way tie: Queen B, JoJo Gaines, and Matt Bellassai.
9. Who is your blogging idol?
Kate Bryan from The Small Things Blog.
10. What is another favorite hobby of yours besides blogging?
Dancing. When we moved into our new house, I reserved the extra bedroom for my own studio. It's tiny! But it's mine.
- What's your least favorite "adulting" chore?
- Who is your favorite cartoon character?
- How did you decide on a name for your site?
- Dogs or cats? (And why did you choose dogs?)
- How do you show/receive appreciation?
- How did you decide the direction of your blog?
- If you were furnishing and decorating a house and could only choose one single color for walls, furniture, and decor, what color would you choose?
- What heb host do you use? How did you pick it?
- If you could see one musical artist live tomorrow, who would you choose? Is it a big-stage performance, or in a small bar or coffee shop?
- What's your favorite part of "adulting?"
Rules for the Liebster Award Nominees
- Thank the blog that nominated you on a post and in your blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 4-11 other new bloggers.
- Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media.